2 Explain How Neural Convergence Maps Onto The Sensoryperceptual Process In Regard To Activation In The Rods And Cones
What are the key steps in the perceptual process and how is perception empirically studied and
1. What are the key steps in the perceptual process and how is perception empirically studied and
measured? Be sure to refer to a specific sensory process in providing your answer.
2. Explain how neural convergence maps onto the sensory-perceptual process in regard to activation in the rods and cones. To what extent does research on neural convergence address the classic mind body problem? Be sure to refer to specific visual phenomena (e.g., acuity) in providing your answer.
3. To what extent does cortical organization inform us about the sensory-perceptual processes involved in making sense of a scene? Is there evidence of neuronal specificity (i.e., do we process places and faces using the same neurons) and to what extent are these processes influenced by memory or experience?
4. How much of perception depends on attention? To what extent does relying on attention facilitate task performance and when can relying on it be a liability?
5. What are mirror neurons and what role do they appear to play in task performance and interpreting or predicting the behavior of others?